Thursday, May 17, 2007

Organizing Myself

Okay, this is what is on my mind today. I am sleeping too late everyday, therefore, I am unable to get my morning chores done before I have to start breakfast and school. This is a real problem. I am seeking The Lord for help, but I am so weak. I am not showing respect to husband who has to get up early every day and begin his work day. Oh, I know all the excuses and I've used them. It is a matter of will power. I have faced all the natural consequences, and for some reason they are not enough. Better days follow early mornings. The house is cleaner, the kids are better tended and finished with school earlier. I am a more pleasant person. Maybe sharing this here will make it more real to me. How do I find the will power to do this?

Maybe I think too big. I start planning all these things that I want to do or that need to be done and it is overwhelming. Baby steps is what the FlyLady recommends. This is all well and good, but I am so detail oriented. I am looking too closely, and thinking too hard about everything.

So here's my plan. Wake up when DH leaves around 6:00. Do my morning routine, plus walking the dog, and unloading the dishwasher. Then we can start school around 8:00. This has been a goal that I have reached occasionally and then backslid from. (Anyone who reads this please pray that I will resist the temptation to stay in bed, and be obedient to the leading of Our Father in Heaven. Yes, He has been telling me to do this.) After a couple of weeks of this, I would like to add something like a weekly routine after school. I must remember to take some time for myself to read, or talk on the phone, or blog; but it must be limited by a timer!! So much could be accomplished in the afternoon if I will only apply myself.

Now I get to re-read this post in a month and see how much closer I am to meeting my goals. Oh, I hope to be much closer!

No comments: