Friday, May 11, 2007

Busy, Busy, Busy

It seems that grocery day is always too long. I know the problem and the cure. The menu and list must be made ahead of time, so that errand day is only that, a day for errands, not planning. I know this in the early part of the week, but I procrastinate. Here is a part of my life where I really want to learn to rely on The Lord. I am again reminded of 2 Timothy 1:7. God has given us a spirit of power and self-discipline. I need to seek the Holy Spirit to provide those to me. I know that they exist, and I have seen Him put them to work in my life, but I must surrender to His guidance. The days I love best are the ones where there is nowhere to go, and we can just stay home and follow our little school routine. Those days I feel like we've accomplished something. At the end of a long grocery day, I am short with the kids, and too tired to do the things that are my specialties (ie. cook supper, tidy up, or do something other than sleep with hubby.) And all I have done is spent too much money! God wants to bless me, I just have to let him.

No comments: